Make the right choice with a credit union loan
Why choose us for a Student loan?
- A Student loan can be used for a wide variety of purposes i.e. tuition & registration fees, accommodation costs, laptops and course materials.
- It can also be used for Back to School expenses i.e. uniforms, books, computers, etc.
- There is fast loan approval for smaller loans.
- You benefit from Loan Protection Insurance at no added cost (terms & conditions apply).
- There are no penalties for early repayment of loan.
- There are no set up costs or hidden fees.
- The maximum term is 8 years (suitable for Post grad, Masters, PhD studies)
- You can apply for the Third Level Bursary Award worth €1,000 (4 chances to win).
- You can protect your loan with Repayment Protection Insurance (terms & conditions apply).
- There is a choice of Repayment Options available.
Loan Repayment Table
|Amount||Term||APR*||Monthly Repayments||Total Cost of Credit|
Typical APR variable Student Loan rate (6.2% APR). Lending terms and conditions apply. Loans are subject to approval. Table is for illustration only and does not constitute a contract. Figures correct as at August 2017.
Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.
- Completed application form - Simply call to any of our three branches and our staff will be happy to assist you.
- Proof of Identity - e.g. passport, driver’s license
- Proof of Current Address (last 6 months) - e.g bank statements, utility bill, social welfare letter, government document etc
- Proof of Income - e.g 3 most recent pay slips or social welfare payment receipts.
- For Self Employed Members: Recent set of accounts (2 years). Tax Clearance Certificate. Completed Form F11.
- Current Bank Statements - may be required (last 3 months)
- Credit Card Statements - may be required (last 3 months)
- Other information deemed necessary by the credit union
Education Loan Terms & Conditions
- Maximum loan amount is €50,000 (net of shares).
- Proof of purpose may be required (college registration, fees invoice, accommodation costs, course material etc.).
- We may seek your permission to complete a credit bureau check with your application.
- Parents applying for loans on behalf of students or acting as guarantors for students will need to supply the standard loan documentation as stated above and will be assessed separately.
For further information or to make a student loan application, please contact us directly.
Download the information leaflet as a PDF