What Are Cookies
A cookie is a block of data that a web server places on a user’s PC. Typically, it is used to ease navigation through the site. However, it is also a useful means of the website identifying the user, tracking the user’s path through the site, and identifying repeat visits to the site by the same user (or user machine). This can then lead to a website owner being able to profile an individual user’s habits.
Cookies do not in any way compromise the security of your computer. Visitors can use most of the features on this website with no loss of functionality if cookies are disabled from the web browser. However, some features, including our online banking system – CU Online, require cookies to be enabled in order for the service to function properly.
Which Cookies Do We Use
Following are the cookies we use on the website:
Name of Cookie Purpose of Cookie Reason for Use
__utma Google Analytics This cookie is used by Google Analytics to track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred. Google Analytics uses the information from this cookie to calculate things like new sessions/visits
__utmb Google Analytics These cookies work together to calculate how long a visit takes. __utmb takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters a site, while __utmc takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves a site. __utmb expires at the end of the session. __utmc waits 30 minutes, and then it expires. __utmc has no way of knowing when a user closes their browser or leaves a website, so it waits 30 minutes for another pageview to happen, and if it doesn’t, it expires.
__utmz Google Analytics This cookie keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine you used, what link was clicked on, what keyword was used, and where they were in the world when you accessed a website. It expires in 15,768,000 seconds – or, in 6 months. This is how Google Analytics knows to whom and to what source / medium / keyword to assign the credit for a goal conversion or an e-commerce transaction.
__utmt Google Analytics This cookies is used to throttle the request rate for the service – limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites.
PHPSESSID Session cookie used for login bp2tv_cookie accepted Long lifespan cookie used to remember that somebody accepted the cookies notification.
The website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use the website. The Cookies used by this product collect information in an anonymous form and are used by many different websites. If you wish to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Managing Cookies Usage
To disable cookies on popular platforms;
1. Go to the ‘Tools’ menu
2. Click on ‘Internet Options’
3. Click the ‘Security’ tab
4. Highlight the ‘Internet’ zone (selected by default)
5. Select security level ‘High’ for this zone
6. Click on ‘OK’
1. Click the Chrome menu button, a button of 3 bold horizontal lines located to the right of the browser toolbar.
2. Select Settings.
3. Click Show advanced settings
4. In the “Privacy” section, click the Content settings button.
5. In the “Cookies” section, click “Block Cookies by default”
1. Open the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
2. Under the Privacy & Security category, choose Cookies. (If no subcategories are visible, double-click the category to expand the list.)
3. Click the following radio button: Disable cookies
1. Go to ‘Edit’ in the menu bar
2. Click on ‘Preferences’
3. Click on ‘Advanced’
4. Select the ‘Cookies’ field
5. Tick either ‘Warn Me Before Accepting a Cookie’ or ‘Disable Cookies’
6. Click on ‘OK’
1. Choose Safari > Preferences, and then click Privacy.
2. In the “Block cookies” section, specify if and when Safari should accept cookies from websites. To see an explanation of the options, click the Help button (question mark).
3. If you want to see which websites store cookies on your computer, click Details.
More information about cookies
Further information about cookies can be found on the following websites: